Admirer of Paul Raj Paintings

My photo
Paul was born in Kodaikanal on 22 September 1914 and died on 2 October 1979. G D Arulraj was born in 1925 and died in June 1972 while visiting India. Arul worked at Laguna Beach in the 60's and 1970's. G D Thyagaraj might have been born in 1922 and I am told that he probably died sometime before 1981. He moved to northern India as a young man. I lived in India as a child and spent a lot of time in Calcutta. My mother purchased several paintings directly from Paul Raj while living in Madras and this got me interested in his works. I then discovered he had two brothers Arul Raj and Thyaga Raj who were both fantastic artists. I could not find much information on the internet so decided to set up my own blog. Subsequently a Facebook tribute site has also been created to the memory of the three brothers. Contact me at: rajbrothers@hotmail.co.uk

Thursday 30 December 2010

G D Thyagaraj - Winter Morning

Painting provided by my friend Kashinath, it is by G D Thyagaraj called 'Winter Morning'.  It is a loverly bright painting and can cheer you up.  We are having very dull gloomy grey days in the UK at the moment.  The snow has melted and everything is dirty under the snow.  We will need some rain to clean the paths.
I hope you like this one, I have another to add which I will do in a few days time once we get into 2011.  I will take the opportunity to wish every one who has visited the blog this year a very Happy New Year for 2011.  I hope I can keep adding more paintings but they are getting harder to find.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting, your friend is a great artist! The colors and the light are realy brighten my heart. The wether in Germany is also cold and grey, this beauty comes just at the right time.

    Whish you a wonderful 2011! Looking forward to see more such great paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr.Richard,
    It is indeed a bright and cheerful painting! And what a coincidence of our titles!
    So bad to hear about the snow...
    We don't get snow in this part of India so guess we are saved from the trouble :)
    Warm wishes for a very happy new year to you and your family members :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jutta
    Thank you for the kind words. My friend Kashinath is an artist but this painting is by one of the three Raj brothers not Kashninath he travels a great deal in India and finds the paintings while travelling and then he sends them to me to post on the blog. Kashinath has been a great follower of the Raj brothers as well. Best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 3 paintings by G D thyagaraj for sale this is a beautiful piece :)

    ReplyDelete