Admirer of Paul Raj Paintings

My photo
Paul was born in Kodaikanal on 22 September 1914 and died on 2 October 1979. G D Arulraj was born in 1925 and died in June 1972 while visiting India. Arul worked at Laguna Beach in the 60's and 1970's. G D Thyagaraj might have been born in 1922 and I am told that he probably died sometime before 1981. He moved to northern India as a young man. I lived in India as a child and spent a lot of time in Calcutta. My mother purchased several paintings directly from Paul Raj while living in Madras and this got me interested in his works. I then discovered he had two brothers Arul Raj and Thyaga Raj who were both fantastic artists. I could not find much information on the internet so decided to set up my own blog. Subsequently a Facebook tribute site has also been created to the memory of the three brothers. Contact me at: rajbrothers@hotmail.co.uk

Saturday 12 December 2009

Early picture from the 1960's

I thought I would publish some early photos taken of myself and my family taken between 1961 and 1967 in Madras and Agra.  The photo below is of myself and my father at the Taj Mahal taken in 1967.
The photo is grabbed from a cine film taken at the time so it is of low quality.  I will have to see if I can upload a short movie clip.  The next photo is taken in Madras in 1962.
My sister and I are sitting on the wall in front of the beach side temples with an avenue of carved cows.  The next photo is of the house in Madras where we used to live before moving to Calcutta, I think it was called Hadley, very grand.  Hope you like the photos, I have now blown my cover and you know what I look like.

4 comments:

  1. We still dont know what you look like now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last pic is a school since 1969 and i'm one of its proud student.. the name is Seetha Kingston High School!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you throw some more light on its history?? I'm wondering you should know about some 'Kingston' who is part of the school name.. pls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the house was called Hadley and not Hadleigh. Not sure about the history of it becoming a school after my time in Madras. I understand it may no longer be there it might have been knocked down for a new development? Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete